The New W+D Halm i-Jet 2 – the future of printing
The fastest 4 color Memjet inkjet overprinter in its class
The W+D Halm i-Jet, the world’s fastest 4+ color producion class inkjet envelope and corporate graphics overprint press, was awarded a Must See’ems at the PRINT17 show and also Best of Category by the judging committees based on innovation, ease of use, throughput and competitive advantage. In the meantime, W+D has sold over 35 Halm i-Jet systems.
Simply said, the W+D Halm i-jet allows you to get more short-run work finished faster, less expensive, with the highest inkjet print quallity and with less people.
Advantages of W+D Halm i-Jet over tabletop Memjet models:
- 10X higher net output
- 35% lower ink cost per/M
- 5X lower jetter cost per/M
- Memjet production class design
- Individual CMYK jetters
- 4-color + 5th-color Option
- Larger format size range
- More printed, better quality at less cost with fewer people
- 90% more environmentally friendly than Offset printing, as no chemicals are needed for cleaning
High performance short to mid-size run inkjet corporate identity overprinting
- 32,000 #10 envelopes per hour output – robust production class feeding, transport inkjet printing and delivery System.
- High resolution 1600 x 1375 dpi image resolution at fastest press speeds for both ultra-sharp static corner-cut envelope printing or complex variable image and data production on standard white wove uncoated envelope papers or other uncoated or matte coated papers.
- Non-contact inkjet printing eliminates seam or seal flap lines and allows for overprinting of new texturized papers.
- Significantly reduced setup time compared to offset setup time for 1 to 4 color line and process work.
- Twice the production output of your existing 2 and 4-color Halm offset overprint presses.
- Uses much lower cost non-heat resistant window film with inkjet when compared to toner-based systems.
- No offset plates, blanket, press solutions or lengthy press washups or changeovers.
- Reduced overall press operating costs compared to offset corner-cut work on short to medium-size runs.
- 4 individual CMYK+ production class Memjet inkjet print heads plus an optional 5th spot color capability.
- Significantly lower total operating and maintenance costs than desktop Memjet inkjet systems.
- Fast change, easy setup dual Halm feeder system allows quick changes between large and small envelopes and other substrates.
- Nearly zero setup waste for 1 to 4 color line and process work.
- Inkjet press operator does not need any previous printer experience to produce commercially sellable products.
- Feeder can accommodate from .004" minimum to .032" maximum paper thickness.
Outstanding RIP speed
Based on the Harlequin RIP core, Navigator is the fastest professional grade RIP available to drive Memjet devices at full speed. Job processing times are measured in seconds, even for complex, highly graphically loaded, variable data print jobs.
Simple and accurate color management
Exceptional color accuracy through inbuilt color management tools. Choose from ICC profiles, Pantone Look Up tables or use the spot Color Matching Tool to match colors used in a job.
Intelligent job tracking
Use your own job naming convention along with other key data and the intelligent search feature works across all workflows. Store, archive and reload settings to ensure proper output and color fidelity.
W+D Halm i-Jet 2 brochure: